TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HOLIDAY CAMPS
EzeeSport Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book with EzeeSport, these Terms and Conditions define the agreement between you and EzeeSport Ltd. and let you know what to expect from EzeeSport and what we expect from you.
- All Participant information must be completed in full and must be correct at the time of registration. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have a contact number for you in case of an emergency.
- Your booking will be confirmed by email.
- Payment is regarded as acceptance of our booking conditions. This should be made within 48 hours of booking if paying via BAC’s to secure your child’s booking. If you book on the day or the day before payment must be made before your child attends the holiday camp.
- We accept payment by bank transfer or PayPal.
- Bookings can be made online or via email.
- Lunch is not provided so you must supply your child with a packed lunch and snacks, and a refillable drinks bottle for water.
Changing your Booking
- If you give us 7 or more days' notice you will be able to change your dates within the same holiday season, subject to availability, free of charge. After this time any changes will be at our discretion and will depend on the number of children attending and availability on alternate dates.
- Responsibility for all booking details lies with you when completing the booking. Where possible we will make changes to your dates, subject to availability.
Cancelling your Booking
- You may cancel for up to two weeks in advance of the starting date of your camp in order to receive a refund less a 10% administrative charge.
- Any cancellations after this two-week period and up to 48 hours before the start of the club will result in a 50% or a full credit towards the next holiday camps on offer.
- Any cancellations 48 hours before the start of the camp due to illness or injury will not result in a refund, but may at our discretion be entitled to a credit for the next holiday camps on offer.
- Credits are valid for 6 months from the date of issue. They can be used to reduce fees on any of our EZEESPORT camps. After 6 months a credit will be forfeited and may not be used for a future booking.
- Credits may not be used to purchase or offset fees for EzeeSport Classes.
- Credits may only be used at the Franchise centre where the original booking was made.
- In exceptional circumstances we may have to cancel specific dates, in this case, we will try to give those booked onto the camp at least seven days’ notice and will offer an alternative or offer a full refund for the dates cancelled.
Adverse Weather Conditions
- If we are unable to run a camp due to adverse weather conditions, we will offer a full refund or credit for another day.
- We will notify you of any closures by email, text or notification on the EzeeSport website and Facebook Page.
- If your child is unable to attend a camp during adverse weather conditions but the camp is open, no refund will be applicable.
- Adverse weather conditions are determined by an Amber, or Red weather warning that is issued by the met office website: www.metoffice.gov.uk
- It is your responsibility to make sure your child has appropriate clothing and sun protection.
Activities for our Sports Camps
- Not every activity in our literature is available at every venue.
- Please check venue-specific details for activities.
- Activity programmes may change in the event of unsuitable weather or other circumstances beyond our control.
- Group age ranges are dependent on the number of children in attendance.
- All children in our care are covered by the Public Liability Insurance.
- EzeeSport requires that all children who are ill or infectious be kept home for the full duration of their illness, and for 48 hours after the last symptom occurs.
- EzeeSport can only administer medication if a parent gives signed consent to do so.
- You must ensure that your child is physically fit and able to participate in sporting activities and accordingly you accept full risks resulting from their participation in the holiday camps.
- We may require additional information from you depending on the medical information you supplied to us at the time of registration.
- In the event of an accident, first aid will be administered to your child and you will be notified at collection. If emergency services are called, you will be notified immediately.
- Prescribed medication must be given to our Lead Coach. EzeeSport's First Aid policies are in line with Ofsted recommendations.
- If your child brings an Epipen to camp, we require you to demonstrate the use of the Epipen to the lead coach.
- We do not accept responsibility for death or personal injury other than to the extent that it results directly from our negligence.
Notice of Absence
- If your child does not attend a scheduled day on the camp, you must email our office preferably before the camp commences, but, at the latest, by the end of the day on which your child was due to attend the camp.
- EzeeSport is not liable for any lost or damaged property on camp.
- Lost property will remain on camp until the last day of the camp period and must be collected before this.
- All unclaimed property will be given to charity.
Photography and Video
- We do take photographs and film activities at our camps for informational material. You will always be notified if this is due to take place and asked to grant your permission. Please advise the Lead Coach at registration, if you have any objections.
Mobile Phones & Electronic Devices
- No electronics will be allowed at camp. If found, the device will be taken in by the Lead coach and kept secure.
- If you need to contact your child, please call the Lead Coach.
- EzeeSport does not take responsibility for the damage or loss of any electronic devices.
Specific Needs, or Medical Conditions
- We don't exclude any child due to specific needs, or medical conditions wherever possible.
- It is your responsibility to inform us of any educational needs, or medical conditions prior to booking a place on a camp so we can consider the most effective way to accommodate your child, and if it is possible for participation safely within our coach to pupil ratios.
- A decision will be made on a case-by-case basis and is dependent upon the level of support your child needs.
- We are not able to provide additional staff to support a child above our normal ratios.
- We can accept bookings for a child with specific needs on a paid trial basis, however, we reserve the right to review further bookings.
- Our team have a duty to respond if we suspect any child in our care to be suffering from abuse, or if a child makes a disclosure about abuse. In this event, the team will follow The EzeeSport Child Protection Policy and contact the local area Child Protection Committee.
- Our experienced coaches understand when a child's behaviour requires firm guidance, however in some circumstances our disciplinary procedures will be brought into action to protect the safety and enjoyment of the other children on our camps.
- In an instance of unacceptable disruptive behaviour, the child will be asked to sit out for a few minutes during which time the coach will address the behaviour and explain the consequences of repeated disruption.
- If the child continues to behave in an unacceptable manner they will be asked to sit out for the rest of the session. We will not issue a refund for any portion of the session where the child is required to sit out.
- If the child persists with negative behaviour, we will call the parent to discuss the best course of action. If the child shows a willingness to change and improve their behaviour, then they can return to future camps.
- As a final resort, we reserve the right to exclude a child if they continue with their persistent unacceptable behaviour.
- If a child has been excluded from future camp sessions, we will refund the camp sessions that have not yet been attended.
BULLYING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.
Swearing & Inappropriate Language Policy
- In the first instance of swearing or inappropriate language the child will be given a warning and warned that if they repeat the language they will be asked to leave the camp.
- EzeeSport acts as a Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We need to collect some personal details from you so we can process your booking, such as names, ages and any applicable medical or dietary restrictions and, in some cases, credit or debit card or other payment details.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have permission to pass on the personal details of all the children for whom you are making a booking.
- New GDPR law as of May 2018 states that no marketing may be sent to anyone without clear evidence of when and where a contact has opted in to agree to receive marketing from us.
- When you sign your child up to an EzeeSport Class or Holiday Camp, you have opted in to receive correspondence from us about future offers and updates on everything to do with EzeeSport.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you do not want to receive future mailings from EzeeSport.